OtagoNet Asset Management Plan
OtagoNet is responsible for the management of the electricity lines and equipment, known as assets, on behalf of the Governing Committee.
The OtagoNet Asset Management Plan details how OtagoNet intends to build, maintain and reinforce the distribution network over the next 10 years while meeting agreed service, safety, quality and profitability targets.
Customers of OtagoNet are consulted about the service levels they prefer and the price that they are willing to pay. This is known as the price / quality trade off i.e. cost of power supply versus number of power cuts. Customers’ views about service levels are combined with OtagoNet and the Government’s required service levels to form the foundation of the Asset Management Plan.
The OtagoNet Governing Committee and OtagoNet have to find the right balance between cost to the customer, safety, environmental requirements, service levels and network investment.
The Electricity Distribution Information Disclosure Determination 2012 requires the Plan to be publicly available.
The Plan looks ahead for the next 10 years and is updated annually.
We invite submissions from all stakeholders, prior to the next review. This process starts in August each year and the new plan is published by 31st March the following year.
Submissions should be addressed to:
Network Assets Manager
PO Box 1642
You are welcome to download the current Asset Management Plan below or you can request the Plan on a CD or hardcopy. Remember to include your full mailing address and postal code.
Download the Asset Management Plans
- OJV Asset Management Plan Update 2019 – 2029 (PDF – 3.23MB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2018-28 (PDF 8.9KB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan Update 2017-2027 (PDF 1.1KB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2016-2026 (PDF – 4.93MB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan Update 2015-2025 (PDF – 6.6KB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2014-2024 (PDF – 6MB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2013-2023 (PDF – 543KB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2012-2022 (PDF – 3.8MB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2011-2021 (PDF – 3MB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2010-2020 (PDF – 1.5MB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2008-2018 (PDF – 1.3MB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2007-2017 (PDF – 1.3MB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2006-2016 (PDF – 1.6MB)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2005-2015 (PDF – 638kb)
- OJV Asset Management Plan 2004-2014 (PDF – 585kb)