PowerNet Central do the supply, installation, and onsite servicing of Brush equipment, including ;
- Access to original manufacturing drawings and factory documentation for the full range of Tapchangers represented.Brush AT, ATV, and AE ranges of Tapchangers.
- Retrofit installation service for existing Tapchangers including factory engineered adaptor plates.
- Our UK factory trained service personnel are available for onsite Tapchanger servicing or supervision.
The AT range of single compartment units with high-speed resistor transition is designed for three-phase systems with voltages of 44kV and 66kV line end or 132kV neutral end and nominal rated current of 300A.
A maximum of 17 tapping positions (16 steps) 15 possible for linear regulation and 33 tapping positions (32 steps) for reversing of coarse/fine regulation.
The AT tapchanger is designed such that power flow can be handled in either direction at full-rated current. The AT is a flange-mounted tapchanger where the oil in the switch compartment is kept separate at all times from the oil in the main transformer.
- Linear, reversing or coarse/fine versions
- Suitable for 52kV, star or delta windings
- 400A version (linear only)
- Suitable for 145kV star winding (neutral end only)
- Single-phase version available
- Vertically-mounted option also available
- Manufactured in accordance with IEC 60214 and also complies with many other national and international standards.
The AE series on-load tapchangers are built on the successful results of the design of the AT range. The AE uses many common parts from the AT including the complete drive mechanism. This range has a maximum of 17 tapping positions (16 steps) and is possible for linear regulation and 33 tapping positions (32 steps) for reverse or coarse/fine regulation.
The equipment may be used to regulate three-phase transformers designed for system voltages of 33kV and 66kV at any position in the winding.
The AE may also operate on transformers designed for 132kV earthed neutral three-phase systems regulating at the neutral end of the winding. The maximum current rating is 500A, with overload capability in accordance with IEC 60354 and IEC 60076-7.
- 500A current rating
- Suitable for 33kV or 66kV systems, line or neutral end
- Suitable for 132kV systems (neutral end only)
- Maximum 650kVA breaking capacity
- Designed in accordance with IEC 60214 and also complies with many other national and international standards
Benefits of the AT, ATV, and AE on-load tapchangers
- Lower overall maintenance times and costs to the end user
- Separate tapchanger oil ensures 100% accurate D.G.A of transformers
- Can easily be housed in noise enclosures
- Retrofit tapchangers more easily accommodated
- Better for anti-tracking surfaces
Key features of AT and AE tapchangers
- Bi-directional power flow
- High speed resistor on-load selector switch
- Ease of maintenance
- Low oil content
- Up to 17 positions (linear) or 33 positions (reverse or coarse/fine)
- Fully automatic or manual operation.
If you need spare parts and trained service personnel, contact us by email or call Ian Boud on 027 2010812.
Click here for more information about Brush Transformers (PDF file, 1.4MB)