PowerNet Central is majority-owned by PowerNet, and carries out electricity network contracting, predominantly in Central Otago but also throughout other parts of the lower South Island.
PowerNet Central works closely with PowerNet staff to provide network design services, capital works construction, maintenance and faults response for the Electricity Southland embedded network at Frankton near Queenstown.
PowerNet Central also acts as an agent of PowerNet for consumer enquiries, network connections and metering.
Currently with a staff of 17 and branches in Queenstown and Wanaka, PowerNet Central also provides a wide variety of predominantly underground network services to private clients throughout the region including:
- Subdivision reticulation
- Supplies to major development projects
- Commercial building supplies
- Industrial areas and subdivisions
- High voltage connections to lifestyle blocks and individual consumers
- Complete design and build reticulation services to ski areas and other stand-alone high voltage networks
- Generation schemes
- Street lighting installation and maintenance.
137 Glenda Drive, Queenstown
P O Box 1207
Phone 03 450 9007