SWHT Property Managers of the Year
26 March 2018
2018 Property Manager of the Year Winner announced
Media invite to award presentation 10.30am, Wednesday 21st November, PowerNet, 251 Racecourse Road, Invercargill
The Southland Warm Homes Trust (SWHT) is pleased to announce that the winner of its 2018 Southland Property Management Company of the Year Award is the Southland Real Estate property management team.
The award will be presented to representatives of Southland Real Estate at a function on Wednesday 21st November 2018.
Southland Warm Homes Trust Chairman, Jim Hargest said the award recognises property managers who are actively improving the living conditions of tenants and supporting the vision of the SWHT.
“This year Southland Real Estate’s property management team receives the award in recognition of their efforts to help make healthier and warmer living conditions for tenants, engaging with Landlords and promoting energy saving ideas, including the Clean Air scheme. The team has also been proactively insulating many of the properties under their management,” he said.
“All of the entries had a strong focus on improving the energy efficiency of rental properties and meeting the Tenancy Services rental property insulation regulations. The Trust was impressed by the effort and
commitment Southland property management businesses have made towards improving the energy efficiency of rental properties, especially ahead of the July 2019 Tenancy Act legislation when all rental properties will be required to meet a high standard of insulation,” Jim said.
Awarua Synergy general manager, Sumaria Beaton, reiterated that the Southland Real Estate property management team was proactive in providing great service. Awarua Synergy is the service provider for SWHT
and installs home insulation for the Trust.
“Their team members always ensure that we have safe access to tenanted properties, and complete the required Energy Efficiency & Conservation Authority (EECA) subsidy paperwork in a timely manner. This really makes our job a lot easier and builds a good working relationship,” said general manager Sumaria Beaton.
The 50% subsidy offered by SWHT and EECA on insulation costs for eligible rental properties ended in June 2018. There had been a significant increase in the number of rental properties insulated in the last 12 months to June compared with the previous two years.
More about the SWHT
- The SWHT was formed in 2008 by the Southland Power Trust and Electricity Invercargill Limited.
- Subsidised home assessments and insulation installations have since been delivered to more than 6,000 families across Southland.
- The SWHT Vision:
- a more energy efficient home
- an improved living environment
- improved well-being
- better health
- greater energy efficiency awareness
More about the Tenancy Act legislation
- Under the Tenancy Act legislation, from 1 July 2019 all rental properties will be required to meet a high standard of insulation.
- To help with this transition the Government introduced the Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes Rental initiative, which, with additional support from the Southland Warm Homes Trust, enabled Southland landlords to access a 50 percent subsidy for the cost of insulating eligible rental properties, up to 30 June 2018.
Invitation for photo opportunity
We invite you to join us in presenting the 2018 Southland Property Management Company of the Year Award over morning tea and for a short presentation:
|Date:||Wednesday 21st November 2018|
|Address:||PowerNet, 251 Racecourse Road, Invercargill|
For further information and comment, please contact:
Southland Warm Homes Trust, Greg Buzzard on 021 858 121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Awarua Synergy General Manager, Sumaria Beaton, on 021 408 751 or email@example.com