At PowerNet our people are committed to providing safe, efficient and reliable power to our communities across the lower South Island. We are an industry leader and as such our progression and innovation is at the forefront of our business where we are committed to learning more about emerging technologies and the impact this will have on our customers, communities and network.
We have an outstanding opportunity to join the PowerNet team in the exciting and rewarding role of Electrician of which there are 2 vacancies, based out of our Invercargill depot.
In these roles you will be responsible for assisting with Substation inspections, planned maintenance of network assets and fault response to ensure safe, efficient and reliable power to our communities.
Experience/Knowledge and Skills:
• New Zealand Certificate in Electricity Supply Level 4 or equivalent
• Registered electrician or Registered Cable Jointer with a current practicing licence
• 3-5 years’ experience in electricity supply network installation
• A good level of oral and written communication skills
• Willing to participate in an after-hours faults roster
Along with this experience you will also work towards being:
• Competent to carry out commissioning and maintenance tasks on electricity supply industry systems
• Experience with 11kv, 22kv and 400 volt underground systems
• Having general electrical wiring experience in an electricity company environment
• Thorough knowledge of electricity supply company safety procedures including work authorization systems
The successful candidates will be a highly motivated individuals. You need to be confident, have the ability to deal with multiple issues, keep their cool and be a team player and contributor. Your commitment and strong communication will see you do well in the industry along with a pragmatic, flexible and adaptable approach. We are looking for people who are up front and honest and really want to make a difference within a company that encourages growth and development and a can do attitude of “Do it once, do it right”
Here at PowerNet our people are our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing a caring team environment, a balanced approach to work and personal life, while encouraging professional and personal growth for everyone.
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to jump start your career in the industry then we encourage you to apply. For more information, download a Position Description and to apply online head over to www.powernet.co.nz/careers and attach your current resume along with a cover letter to support your application.