Metering Assets Manager
At PowerNet, our people are committed to providing safe, efficient and reliable power to our communities across the lower South Island. We are an industry leader and as such, our progression and innovation is at the forefront of our business where we are committed to learning more about emerging technologies and the impact this will have on our customers, communities and network.
We have an outstanding opportunity to join the PowerNet Limited in the exciting and rewarding role of Metering Assets Manager based in our Invercargill Office.
As the Metering Assets Manager, you will be part of a dynamic and forward thinking team. Your responsibility will be to support the effective management of PowerNet’s electricity meters on customer’s premises including compliance with electricity industry rules and deployment of Smart Meters.
Responsibilities/Skills & Experience
• Registered Electrician or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years’ experience within the electricity industry
• Ideally you will have experience of metering systems
• Strong business administration
• Experience in logistics and stock control
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially with databases and spreadsheets
• Geographical knowledge of the Southland and Otago area
• Ability to work within timeframes with a high level of accuracy
• You will be organised and adaptable
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who have a pragmatic, flexible and adaptable approach. They will be someone who is up front and honest and really wants to make a difference within a company who encourages growth and development and a can do attitude of “Do it once, do it right”
Here at PowerNet, our people are our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing a caring team environment, a balanced approach to work and personal life, while encouraging professional and personal growth for everyone.
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to take that next step up in your career then we encourage you to apply. For more information, download a Position Description, and apply online head over to www.powernet.co.nz/careers and attach your current resume along with a cover letter to support your application