Network Assets Engineer
At PowerNet, our people are committed to providing safe, efficient and reliable power to our communities across the lower South Island. We are an industry leader and as such, our progression and innovation is at the forefront of our business where we are committed to learning more about emerging technologies and the impact this will have on our customers, communities and network.
We have an outstanding opportunity to join the PowerNet in the exciting and rewarding role of Network Assets Engineer where you would be responsible for providing engineering and technical support in the design and operation of substations, sub transmission, distribution and reticulation systems.
Responsibilities/Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical)
- Sound knowledge of the NZ electricity supply industry with a minimum of seven years’ experience working with distribution systems and equipment
- Technical knowledge and experience in design, data analysis, load flow and report writing
- Sound understanding of asset management practices
- Current NZ Drivers Licence
- Innovative and forward thinking
- Energetic and dynamic
- Results focussed
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly developed communication skills
- High levels of resilience and able to multitask
- Personal commitment to professional and career development
If you have great problem solving skills and enjoy being part of an innovative and dynamic team, then we look forward to your application. PowerNet offer a great working environment with opportunity to grow and develop professionally.
The successful candidates will be highly motivated individuals who have a pragmatic, flexible and adaptable approach. They will be someone who is up front and honest and really wants to make a difference within a company who encourages growth and development and a can do attitude of “Do it once, do it right”
Here at PowerNet our people are our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing a caring team environment, a balanced approach to work and personal life, while encouraging professional and personal growth for everyone.
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to take that next step up in your career then we encourage you to apply. For more information, download a Position Description, and apply online head over to www.powernet.co.nz/careers or email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your current resume along with a cover letter to support your application