Power Systems Technician
At PowerNet our people are committed to providing safe, efficient and reliable power to our communities across the lower South Island. We are an industry leader and as such our progression and innovation is at the forefront of our business where we are committed to learning more about emerging technologies and the impact this will have on our customers, communities and network.
We have an outstanding opportunity to join the PowerNet team in the exciting and rewarding role of Power Systems Technician, based out of our Invercargill depot. In this role you will be responsible for the testing and commissioning of our network equipment.
Experience/Knowledge and Skills:
• New Zealand qualification in Electricity Supply Power Technician (level 5 or equivalent)
• Registered Technician with current practicing licence
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a high voltage environment
• Proven ability to test control and protection systems relating to the industry
• Competent with Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong numeracy and literacy skills
• Be innovative
• Class 1 New Zealand Drivers licence
• Willing to participate in an after-hours fault roster
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual. You will need to be confident and be a team player and contributor. Your commitment and strong communication will see you do well in the industry along with a pragmatic, flexible and adaptable approach. We are looking for people who are up front and honest and really want to make a difference within a company that encourages growth and development and a can do attitude of “Do it once, do it right”
Here at PowerNet our people are our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing a caring team environment, a balanced approach to work and personal life, while encouraging professional and personal growth for everyone.
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to jump start your career in the industry then we encourage you to apply. For more information, download a Position Description and to apply online head over to www.powernet.co.nz/careers and attach your current resume along with a cover letter to support your application