Careers At PowerNet
At PowerNet we recognise that our people are critical to the success of our Company. We believe in a balanced approach to work and personal life and we actively encourage professional and personal growth for all of our people.
Our People Philosophy
At PowerNet we recognise that our people are critical to the success of our Company. We are a technology-based business that is growing and we employ people with the right attitude and skills to help us achieve our goals.
PowerNet is committed to providing a caring team environment. We believe in a balanced approach to work and personal life and we actively encourage professional and personal growth for all of our people.
“Feeling Great” PowerNet Health and Wellbeing Programme
Our “Feeling Great” Health and Wellbeing Programme provides events, activities and initiatives to help look after our employees physical and mental health. The programme includes medical insurance, free fruit, individual health benefit, free annual health checks, flu vaccinations, mental health education programme, healthy events and activities and optometrist visits. An Employee Support Programme for our people allows them the opportunity to receive support and advice regarding any work or non-work concerns or personal problems they may have. We have regular social activities and PowerNet also sponsors staff team sporting activities.
PowerNet offers Electrical Engineering Scholarships to students studying towards a BE (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree who are in their first professional year.
The three year scholarship covers course fees and recognised vacation employment. Preference is given to applicants who spent a substantial part of their youth in Southland or Otago. Applications are invited by direct notification to the engineering students at the University of Canterbury.
Want to work for PowerNet?
There are more opportunities at PowerNet to progress your career and because of the diversity of our business, there are a variety of roles within each strand of our business including:
- Engineering: regulatory, protection, planning, maintenance, modeling, mapping and performance of networks.
- Operations: contract management, project management, customer services, maintenance, and health and safety training.
- Field Services: Supervisors, leading hands, line mechanics, trainee line mechanics and administrators.
- Technical and Network Services: Technicians, electrical fitters, cable joiners, inspectors, system controllers, network systems and automation technicians
- Support Services: information and telecommunications technology, communications and marketing, human resources, health and safety risk and compliance, infrastructure management including building facilities and fleet.
- Finance: financial planning, reporting, regulatory, commercial and accounting.
- Business development: Customer relations and special projects.
If you are thinking of moving to our wonderful region then head over to https://southlandnz.com/ and see what we have to offer. Invercargill itself has a very relaxed and family friendly lifestyle, with some of the most affordable housing in New Zealand, great schools and we are on the doorstep of the best adventure playgrounds in the country http://www.invercargillnz.com/
While we might not always have positions available, PowerNet welcomes your interest in roles we may have available in the future, particularly in engineering, project management, and lines work. If you would like to register your interest with the pre-eminent network management company in the lower South Island, email your CV and personal details by clicking here.