Notice
View the latest updates on our response to COVID-19

Company information

About OJV

In 2020/21 $16.3million was invested in capital expenditure. The projects are largely replacing lines and rebuilding 11kV and 33kV lines, but also include substation upgrades and work on transformers, amongst other planned works.

OJV gas 15,305 connected customers and a Regulatory Value of $193 million, made up of 4,502 km of lines and cables and 4,287 distribution transformers, with a capacity of 192.2 MVA.

Three companies, including TPCL & EIL, formed OJV in 2002 following the purchase of the electricity network assets from the shareholders of the consumer co-operative company Otago Power Ltd.

OJV is now part of the largest electricity network company in the lower South Island after EIL and TPCL bought Marlborough Lines Limited’s 51% share in 2014.

TPCL owns 75.1% of OJV, with EIL holding the other 24.9%.

It is a big job keeping the OJV infrastructure in tip-top shape.

Our asset management strategy to reduce the average age of our network ensures our customers get the safety, security and reliability of supply they need for their homes and businesses.