Complaints and Disputes Resolution
At PowerNet, we are committed to providing you with a high standard of service and a reliable power supply. However, there may be an occasion when you are unhappy with our service. If this happens, we will do our best to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint about our service, we may be able to resolve this over the telephone. If your complaint is more involved, you may want to write to us to outline it in more detail. .
Here’s how to contact us:
Phone: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm 03 211 1899
After hours, contact our 24 hour faults call centre 0800 808 587
Mail: Customer Service Manager
P O Box 1642
Please note, if your inquiry relates to your electricity bill, you will need to contact your electricity retailer directly.
PowerNet is a member of New Zealand’s Electricity Complaints Scheme, and handles all complaints in accordance with our own internal complaints process, as well as the rules of the Electricity Complaints Scheme.
We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days of receiving it and endeavour to resolve it within 15 working days. It may take longer to investigate a more complex complaint – if this is the case we will let you know.
A complaint can be considered by Utility Disputes Ltd under the Electricity Complaints Scheme, if is deemed to have reached a “deadlock”. This is the case if:
- The complainant is dissatisfied with our decision on the complaint or any settlement offered, or
- The complaint has taken longer than 20 working days after receipt for us to resolve and we have not notified the complainant in writing that we have good reason to extend the time for resolving the complaint and what that good reason is, or
- It has taken longer than 40 working days to resolve, or
- We have made it clear that we do not intend to do anything about the complaint, or
- The complainant would suffer unreasonable harm from waiting any longer, or
- It would otherwise be unjust to wait any longer.
If any of the above apply to your situation, you have the option of contacting Utilities Disputes, which provides a free and independent service to help resolve the complaint if all other means of resolution have failed. Utilities Disputes may consider a complaint referred to them up to six years after the date when the complaint was first raised.
PowerNet is committed to ensuring that your complaint is resolved well within the timeframes of the Electricity Complaints Scheme.
If you need to contact Utilities Disputes their details are:
Phone: 0800 22 33 40
Fax: 0800 22 33 47
Mail: Utilities Disputes Ltd
PO Box 5875